- Can I use Botania in a modpack, Let's Play? May I use its code in my mod? (permalink)
Have a look through the license section of the website.
- Is Botania open-source? (permalink)
Yes. Yes it is.
- When will the mod get updated to 1.x? (permalink)
It'll be ready when it's ready. Please don't nag about it over email, twitter or what have you all the time, it doesn't help.
- How can I contact you? (permalink)
Check my website. Please read this entire FAQ before you do. Please. Just... please.
- Can the flowers in this mod be retroactively generated? (permalink)
No, they can't, due to the way they're generated. You can still get the flowers easily by crafting Floral Fertilizer (an early-game item), though.
- There are too many flowers in my world! How do I decrease their amount? (permalink)
You can lower the frequency (how many patches spawn) and the density (how many spawn in each "patch") in the config.
- My flowers disappeared or turned into dead bushes! What gives? (permalink)
Passive flowers (the Hydroangeas and the now-defunct Daybloom/Nightshade) decay after one in-game hour, transforming into dead bushes when spent. This is normal, and you should consider upgrading to better flowers that don't do that.
- Could you add a config option to restrict flowers to specific biomes? (permalink)
Given that all sixteen flowers are required for recipes, no, this seems like a terrible idea. I have no interest in doing this.
- My Mana Pool's Mana levels aren't changing! I have a few Generating flowers and the bar's not moving at all, what's wrong? (permalink)
The Mana Pool holds a lot of mana. Flowers like the Hydroangeas produce very small amounts of it, so you probably won't see a difference. Go get some better flowers (like Endoflames).
- I found a bug, how do I report it? (permalink)
Report it on the issue tracker. Please read the contributor guidelines first, though!
- I have a suggestion for Botania. Where do I put it? (permalink)
The best place for suggestions is the /r/botania subreddit. Before you do, however, please read this blog post, so you don't suggest something that I've denied countless times already. Do keep in mind, however, that Botania is feature-complete; suggestions are very unlikely to make it into the mod at this point in time.
- Is the Terra Blade from Terraria? (permalink)
- Is there a Botania API? Can I make a Botania Addon? (permalink)
Yes, there is an API. You can make addons, but please give me a heads-up about what you're going to add. I can't disallow you from adding things, given the mod's license, but I'd at least like to know what where you're going with it.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? (permalink)
African or European?